Hey guys. So as today is International Dance Day, I want to talk about my passion for dance and fitness which is my number one love. You might be wondering what dance fitness is and why I love it so much. Well, let me tell you! 💃
Dance fitness is a type of exercise that combines dancing and aerobics. It can be done in a group, at home with a video, or even on your own with some music. Dance fitness is not only fun, but also has so many benefits for your and it’s good for your health, your body, your mind, and your soul.
Here are some of the benefits of dance fitness:
– It improves your cardiovascular fitness. Dancing gets your heart rate up and makes you breathe faster. This helps to strengthen your heart and lungs and lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
– It can help you improve your balance, coordination, agility and flexibility making you more graceful and elegant in your everyday movements
– It burns calories and fat. Dancing is a great way to burn calories and fat, especially if you do it at a high intensity. You can burn up to 500 calories per hour with dance fitness, depending on your weight and the type of dance you do.
– It tones and shapes your muscles. Dancing works all the major muscle groups in your body, especially your legs, hips, and core. It also helps to improve your posture and balance. You will notice a difference in your body shape after a few weeks of dance fitness.
– It can be good for your brain too as it can help boost your memory and concentration by challenging you to learn new moves and sequences. It can also protect you from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease by stimulating your brain cells and preventing them from degenerating. Dancing also involves a lot of decision-making and improvisation, which can improve your cognitive skills and creativity.
– It boosts your mood and emotional well-being. Dancing releases endorphins and dopamine which are the feel-good hormones that make you happy and reduce stress. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment and self-expression. Dancing can also help with the symptoms of mental health illnesses such as anxiety, and depression by giving you an outlet for expressing yourself and releasing negative emotions. A survey of 1,000 dancers across the world who had depression, anxiety, or a history of trauma found that 98% of them said that conscious, free-flowing dance improved their mood and gave them more confidence and compassion. It can also boost your self-confidence and self-esteem by making you feel proud of your achievements and comfortable in your own skin.
– It enhances your social life and relationships and can help combat loneliness. Social interaction is important for your mental well-being, as it can improve your mood, make you feel like you belong, and ease loneliness. Dancing is a social activity that allows you to meet new people, make friends, and have fun. You can join a dance fitness class or club and enjoy the camaraderie and support of others. You can also dance with your partner or family and have fun together. Dancing can also improve your communication and cooperation skills by teaching you how to listen, follow, lead, and respect others.
– Dance is for EVERYONE. It is suitable for people of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness levels. You don’t need any special equipment or skills to start dancing. All you need is some music, some space, and some enthusiasm. You can even do it if you have limited mobility or are chair based. The sky is the limit.
As you can see, dancing has many benefits that can enrich your life in many ways. Dancing is not only a hobby, but also a lifestyle that can make you happier and healthier. So what are you waiting for? Put on your dancing shoes and join me in this amazing journey of dance fitness! You’ll be amazed by how much better you’ll feel! 💃